2015 was another big year for mergers and acquisitions in the fintech industry. And whether they were the acquirer or the acquired, Finovate alums were very much a part of the M&A action.
Because terms of many deals were undisclosed, it is difficult to get a precise number on how much money was spent acquiring some of fintech’s most promising startups this year. But looking just at those acquisitions for which figures were available, we can see that 2015 was a banner year in M&A (more than $7 billion) — and that’s just counting alums.
So from the $5 billion deal between FIS and Sungard to the “alum-acquires-alum” mergers of September 2015, let’s take a closer look at some of the major unions of the year that featured Finovate alums.
- “Q2 Acquires Social Money in $10 Million Deal”
- “Ciright One Purchases Stratos Card”
- “Digital Asset Holdings Acquires Blockchain-as-a-Service Innovator, Blockstack.io”
- “Finicity Acquires Aurora Financial Systems””
- “Banking Suite Provider Urban FT Acquires Wipit”
- “Fidelity Investments Acquires eMoney Advisor for Reported $250 Million”
- “Kreditech Acquires Kontomierz (now Kontomatik) for Seven Digit Amount”
If you’re a Finovate alum whose merger we’ve missed or acquisition we’ve overlooked, let us know. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.