Less than a week before FinDEVr London 2017, we’ve learned that fifteen of the companies selected by FinTechCity for this year’s FinTech50, a list of top European fintechs, are alums of Finovate and FinDEVr conferences. This is up from last year, when 13 alums who made the list. last year’s list. Six of the companies on the 2017 roster are making repeat appearances: BehavioSec, Fenergo, Kantox, Mambu, Meniga, and Revolut.
Eight of the alums in the FinTech50 are headquartered in the U.K., three hail from Germany, two from Switzerland and one each from Ireland and Sweden. The judges for the FinTech50 are a panel consisting of 60 financial services professionals from banking, payments, venture capital, and public policy-making, among other relevant fields.
2017 marks the fifth year that FinTechCity has produced its roster of the most innovative fintech companies headquartered in the U.K. and Europe. The list is designed to focus on the technology innovations each company has developed rather than the amount of money the companies have made from their technologies. In a statement at the FinTechCity website, the organization explains the sole criteria for inclusion in the FinTech50 as “the potential to become a game-changer or the competitive staying power to continue being one.”
Here are our winning alums for 2017.
- AdviceRobo – London, U.K. – FinovateEurope 2016
- Aire – London, U.K. – FinovateEurope 2015
- Algomi – London, U.K. – FinovateFall 2014
- Azimo – London, U.K. – FinovateEurope 2013
- BehavioSec – Stockholm, Sweden – FinovateFall 2015, FinDEVr Silicon Valley 2015
- Featurespace – Cambridgeshire, U.K. – FinovateFall 2016
- Fenergo – Dublin, Ireland – FinovateEurope 2012
- Figo – Munich, Germany – FinovateEurope 2013
- Kantox – London, U.K. – FinovateEurope 2013
- Mambu – Berlin, Germany – FinovateAsia 2013, FinDEVr New York 2016
- Meniga – London, U.K. – FinovateEurope 2017
- NetGuardians – Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland – FinovateAsia 2016
- Qumram – Zurich, Switzerland – FinovateFall 2016
- Revolut – London, U.K. – FinovateEurope 2015
- Scalable Capital – Munich, Germany – FinovateEurope 2016
Check out the full 2017 roster. FinTechCity also honored ten fintech startups in an honorable mention category, Hot Ten 2017. Ten companies have also been recognized as the founding members of the FinTech50 Hall of Fame, including Finovate/FinDEVr alums Currencycloud, eToro, Klarna, Nutmeg, TransferWise, and Zopa. Founded by Julie Lake (CEO) and Nicky Cotter, FinTechCity will also unveil the inaugural FinTech50 Asia later this year.