August was the biggest funding month of the third quarter. Six companies raised more than $49 million, led by FreeMonee, which alone raised $34 million.
In addition to the eight companies listed below, On Deck Capital raised $100 million in credit facility commitments in late August.
Here’s the Q3 summary for 2012:
July — $6 million raised by 2 companies
August — More than $49 million raised by 6 companies
- DemystData: (undisclosed) — blog post
- FutureAdvisor: $5 million — blog post
- FreeMonee: $34 million — blog post
- The Currency Cloud: $3.1 million — blog post
- CashStar: $5 million — blog post
- Continuity Control: $2.25 million – blog post