Most of us know April 15 as Tax Day, but for three Finovate alums, today is about a different flow of money than a tax return. Aside from Betterment’s announcement of its $32 million round (see our post from this morning), LearnVest pulled in $28 million in Series D funding, while The Currency Cloud garnered $10 million in Series B.
- New funding: $28 million Series D
- Investors: Northwestern Mutual Capital, Accel Partners, and American Express Ventures
- Total Funding: $69 million
- Founded: 2007
- Headquarters: New York, NY
LearnVest will use the funding to boost hiring efforts at its Arizona-based Expert Hub and to scale its LearnVest at Work channel, which won Best of Show at FinovateFall 2013.
Check out its Best of Show-winning FinovateFall 2013 demo video:
- New funding: $10 million
- Investors: Atlas Venture, Anthem Venture Partners, Notion Capital, XAnge Private Equity, Silicon Valley Bank
- Total funding: $17 million
- Founded: 2012
- Headquarters: London
The Currency Cloud will use the funding to expand its focus on the UK and Europe to a more international realm, specifically into the the U.S.
Check out The Currency Cloud’s demo from FinovateEurope 2014, where it debuted its new e-wallet functionality and user interface.