Yesterday, peer-to-peer lending service Prosper.com announced a four-fold, year-over-year increase in the number of loans it has funded.
In addition, it provided data for September:
- “Record September originations of $7.4 mil, up almost four-fold from $2.0 mil last year
- 11% compounded monthly growth rate over the last 12 months
- Currently, providing a 10.7% “seasoned return” to investors
- Actual annualized loss rate of 5.5%, beating forecast loss rate of 7.1%
- High credit-quality consumer loans: 737 average Experian Scorex PLUS credit score for first-time Prosper borrowers.”
To learn more about Prosper.com, watch its FinovateStartup 2009 demo.