A week after we published our quarterly alumni funding roundup for Q2 2014, it looks like Q3 is already off to a nice start on the funding front.
At the beginning of the month we shared news of Moven’s $8 million funding. And the strides Yodlee is making toward an IPO sooner than later made headlines soon after.
And now today we can add Prestadero
to the list of Finovate alums that find themselves in a money-raising mood. The peer-to-peer lender finished its second round of funding by raising $677,000 (8.8 million Mexican pesos).
The investment more than doubles the company’s previous total of $400,000 – raised almost a year ago to the week
– taking Prestadero’s total capital to more than $1.7 million (more than 13.8 million Mexican pesos).
Specific investors in this round were not disclosed, but the company referred to the contributors in a statement as “international leaders in the financial services sector in Mexico and abroad.”
Prestadero will use the additional capital to add new functionality to its platform, and to accelerate growth.
- Founded in 2011
- Headquartered in Mexico City, Mexico
- Provides unsecured personal loans ranging from 10,000 to 250,000 Mexican pesos
- Offers approved borrowers rates ranging from 8.9% to 28.9% annually
- Offered lenders net annualized returns of 15%
Gerardo Obregón is CEO.
Prestadero demoed its technology at FinovateSpring 2013 in San Francisco. See a video of the company on stage here