While cryptocurrencies and IPOs often grab the biggest headlines in fintech, much of the critical work of forging partnerships and innovating collaboratively between fintechs and financial institutions often goes, if not unnoticed, then at least a little underrecognized and underappreciated.
With this in mind, we’re starting off each week with a reminder that, when it comes to getting technology from idea to implementation, partnerships and collaborations are often the primary vehicle to getting it done. No man – or woman – is an island. And the same is true for any technology company or financial institution interested in making a meaningful impact in the lives of their customers and members.
Here’s a look at some of the more recent partnerships and collaborations between banks, credit unions, fintechs, and other players in the financial services space. Boldface indicates the company has demoed its technology at a Finovate and/or FinDEVr conference.
Banks and Credit Unions
- BBVA partners with SaaS-based, investment management and product design platform ALPIMA.
- Fiserv and Deutsche Bank announce joint venture for payment acceptance.
- KeyBank went live with cloud collateral management technology from SmartStream.
- Pelican State Credit Union to deploy Scienaptic’s AI-powered credit decisioning platform.
- Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union partnered with Jack Henry & Associates to support its growth initiatives.
- United Bank for Africa turned to Irish digital banking platform provider Layer to power its digital transformation.
- Hanseatic Bank enhanced its authentication processes with technology from Netcetera and Entersekt.
- Tememos extended its partnership with Standard Chartered.
- B4B Payments picks Banking Circle to provide payments infrastructure for its corporate banking business.
- Unified payments company Trust Payments partnered with Buy Now Pay Later outfit Zip.
- Cloud payments and financial messaging specialist Volante Technologies announced an instant payments partnership with European payment services company SIA.
Security, Fraud Prevention, and Digital Identity
- European mobile money app Monese partnered with global identity verification provider Veriff.
- Europe-based digital consumer lending group 4Finance announced a collaboration with iDenfy to support automated account creation.
- Switzerland’s PostFinance partnered with analytics software firm FICO to protect its debit cards from fraud.
- Socially responsible, U.K.-based MoneeMint teamed up with TruNarrative to enhance its customer onboarding processes.