I like the email for a couple reasons:
- The well wishes make you feel good about the bank
- The message provides helpful contact info in case of trouble
- It’s an an additional fraud check to ensure that it’s really you traveling to Yakutsk next week
The bank even tells you to call collect. Nice.
Capital One could jazz up the message with more color and snappier copy (note 2), but it gets the job done.
Capital One email to customers who’ve told them they are traveling internationally (31 Jan 2012)
Note: Sent the day before scheduled departure
1. Picture credit: Greeting card at Zazzle.
2. I’m surprised Capital One doesn’t use this opportunity to reinforce its travel rewards, mobile app, and zero FX fees.
3. We’ve tackled remote banking customer service and messaging a number of times in previous issues of our Online Banking Report. The last one was Live Help earlier this year.