As Finovate prepares for its first conference in the Middle East, here’s a round up of recent fintech news and need-to-knows from the MENA region. Learn more about how to join us in Dubai in February for FinovateMiddleEast.
- NCR overhauls self-service network for Oman’s BankDhofar.
- U.A.E.-based Noor Bank launches redesigned credit and debit cards inspired by modern art and Islamic heritage, as well as a new rewards program.
- First Abu Dhabi Bank gets green light to begin “arranging and advising activities” in the Saudi Arabian securities market.
Thought Leadership – Growth, Wealth, Modernization Drive Fintech Innovation in the MENA region.
- Is there a future for cryptocurrencies in Turkey? The country’s Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Simsek weighs in.
- Al Rajhi Bank Jordan signs cooperation agreement with Middle East Payment Services
- Emirates NBD adds Evans Munyuki as Chief Digital Officer and Miguel Rio Tinto as Chief Information Officer to help drive digital transformation.
Thought Leadership – Top Barriers to Fintech Growth in the Middle East – What will it take to bring the benefits of fintech innovation to the people of MENA? Randstad takes a look at some of the key factors, from regulations to technical talent.
- Forbes Middle East publishes its roster of the top 20 fintech startups in the Middle East.
- U.A.E tops Arab markets when it comes to Islamic fintech.
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB) wins Best Overall Bank in Customer Experience in the U.A.E. at 2017 Retail Banking Customer Experience Benchmarking Index awards for the 7th consecutive year.