In case you don’t follow our Finovate blog, I thought I should post the audience favorites from last week’s seventh annual Finovate in New York City. After an intense two days with 69 demos, the audience voted for their favorites. The top eight were named Best of Show (in alphabetical order):
Interactions voice-based virtual assistant technology
LearnVest iPad app and Workplace Solutions Center
Mitek Mobile Photo Account Opening solution
MoneyDesktop GuideMe solution
Motif platform that lets you invest in ideas in one click
TipRanks cloud-based accountability engine for investors
Yodlee TANDEM system to help groups manage and discuss shared finances
Full-length video of every demo will be posted on Finovate.com in a few weeks.
A huge thank you to everyone who joined the audience and participated in our largest New York show so far. And, of course, thanks to the 69 innovative companies who took on the FinovateFall stage in front of a crowd of 1,100 audience members.
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during each day. At the end of each day they chose their three favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed.”
4. The eight companies appearing on the highest percentage of ballots were named Best of Show.
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners.