Just in time for the second half of 2014, Emida’s Android POS app is ready for launch.
Traci Jones, VP of Global Product Development said, “We know through our 20 years of experience that we excel in prepaid technology simply because we understand the needs of our partners, worldwide.”
The new Android app is optimized for both Android smartphones and tablets, and provides much of the same functionality as Emida’s POS terminals. The app is available to all of Emida’s U.S. partners.
Emida maintains an international network that allows carriers, service providers, merchants, retailers and others to offer prepaid products to their customers via standard POS terminals. These prepaid products and services range from wireless and long distance, to bill pay and lottery, to stored value card and international top-up.
Take a look at a handful of Emida metrics:
- Headquartered in Foothill Ranch, California
- Operates in 37 countries worldwide
- Supports network with more than 54,000 retail points
- Network annual dollar payment volume of more than $1.5 billion
- Network processes more than 240 million annual payment transactions
David Kirtman is CEO.
Emida demoed its technology as part of the FinovateFall 2012 conference in New York. See the company in action here