In the same way that celebrities examine the memoirs of other celebrities to see if and how frequently their names are mentioned, I admit my first thought upon seeing American Banker’s roster of “20 Fintech Companies to Watch” was: “How many Finovate/FinDEVr alums?!”
American Banker’s “20 Fintech Companies to Watch” feature is a part of Fintech Forward, its collaboration with BAI. The goal of the partnership is to “identify the forces and trends that are motivating banks’ technology investment.”
Companies for the list were selected by a panel of judges from American Banker, BAI, Citi, Santander, and Rockland Trust, who focused on three criteria:
- Does a company offer innovative technology?
- Does it solve a real business problem?
- Is it ready for prime time?
So with the bar set, here are the Finovate alums that made the cut.
- AcceptEmail – FinovateFall 2015
- Avoka – FinovateFall 2015
- BioCatch – FinovateFall 2014
- Feedzai – FinovateEurope 2014
- Fenergo – FinovateEurope 2012
- Gro Solutions – FinovateFall 2015
- Intellaegis – FinovateSpring 2011
- Leadfusion – FinovateFall 2012
- Mambu – FinovateAsia 2013
- Ripple – FinovateSpring 2013
- Trunomi – FinovateEurope 2015
Rounding out the top 20 were Untapt, Gigaspaces Technologies, IdentityMind Global, Addepar, Zenbanx, nCino, Moneythink, InAuth, and Iovation.
In addition to its “20 Fintech Companies to Watch,” Fintech Forward has produced its “Top 100 Companies in Fintech” and “Top 25 Enterprise Companies” rankings. Both rosters feature numerous Finovate and FinDEVr alums, as well.