Wow, what a brilliant two days! Lots of new technology, creative twists on the state-of-the-art, and things that will someday be mainstream. As usual, at the end of each day the audience voted on their three favorite demos. Nine shiners were crowned Best of Show (see note for methodology).
FinovateFall 2011 Best of Show winners (in alphabetical order):
We’ll have videos of all 63 demos posted at Finovate as fast as possible (probably 2 weeks out).
Thanks to everyone who participated. I know it’s a cliche, but we couldn’t have done it without you!
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites as the day progressed and to choose just three favorites from the demos of that day. Ballots were turned in at the end of the last demo session each day.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed. Note: Ballots with more than three companies circled will not be counted.”
4. The nine companies (see #5) appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named Best of Show.
5. In general, we aim to highlight the top 10% of demos as Best of Show. In this case, we had a three-way tie for 7th place, so we ended up awarding 9.