How they describe themselves: No one reads the fine print. As computerized & regulatory fine print floods the economy, consumers have become numb to clicking “I Agree.” Today, fine print symbolizes uncertainty and distrust.
Our vision is to unlock the value in the “fine print economy” and elevate trust and transparency in the marketplace by simplifying the fine print, so that everyone wins. For consumers, we simplify complex fine print into easy-to-understand content that enables better-informed financial decision-making. For financial services firms, we create a transparent marketplace where companies can reach loyal customers who demand clarity.
At the center of Transparency Labs is The National Fine Print Repository, the nation’s first and only database archive devoted solely to aggregating and cataloging consumer legal, regulatory and financial fine print agreements issued by America’s largest corporations and financial institutions. Using a proprietary methodology, Transparency Labs transforms opaque fine print into clear content that can be understood at the ninth-grade reading level. Transparency Labs is comprised of a team of legal scholars, simplification strategists, contract attorneys, and behavioral scientists from the nation’s leading universities and research centers.
How they describe their product/innovation:
Imagine a day when you could easily understand your fine print and:
- Buy a home and quickly decipher the Terms and Conditions of your mortgage.
- Know exactly what your insurance policy covers, with a click of a button.
- Never have to lie again when you click “I have read, understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions” when visiting a website online.
- Save for retirement with confidence.
- Know the true cost of your mobile phone plan, credit card, airline tickets and bank accounts.
Transparency Labs works by:
- Aggregating thousands of pages of Terms and Conditions issued by America’s largest corporations and financial institutions;
- Analyzing the most widely used standard-form-contracts using an objective & empirical methodology;
- Cataloging over $100 billion in hidden fees and surcharges and millions of fine print data points;
- Tracking ongoing changes in fine print agreements.
Key Executives: David Hirsch (Founder)
Press: Libby Langsdorf, Atomic PR, O: 212-699-3649, C: 917-825-2211
To View this Video in a New Window: Left-click on either link below.
To Download: Right-click on the appropriate link below and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..."
HD version of this video
Non-HD smaller version for slower connections
To Embed: Copy and paste the codes below.