Dedicated to recognizing “the top companies and products in the financial services and technology industry today,” FinTech Breakthrough has announced its FinTech Breakthrough Award Winners for 2018. This marks the second year the independent organization has sponsored the fintech awards event, recognizing fintech startups and veterans from a wide variety of categories including payments, lending, investing, and regtech.
“The FinTech Breakthrough Awards serve as a testament to the passion, skill and vision of individuals and teams that are truly setting the standard for innovation in the global FinTech industry,” Managing Director for FinTech Breakthrough James Johnson said in 2017 during the Awards’ inaugural year. “We are thrilled to recognize all of the FinTech Breakthrough Award winners for their well-deserved industry recognition as they drive the global FinTech market forward.”
This year featured 20 Finovate alums earning top honors from FinTech Breakthrough. The names and Finovate demo dates for each winning alum – as well as the category they won – are featured below. For a complete list of 2018 FinTech Breakthrough Award Winners, visit the company’s awards announcement page.
- Best Overall FinTech Software – eMoney (FF14)
- Best Use of AI in FinTech – Kofax (FS16)
- Best Overall FinTech Company – Klarna (FS12)
- Best Business Lending Platform – Cloud Lending Solutions (FS15)
- Best Overall LendTech Company – OnDeck (FS12)
- Best Wealth Management Company. – Apex Clearing (FDSV16)
- Innovation Award for Wealth Management – BizEquity (FE15)
- Best Robo Advisory Platform – STASH (FF17)
- Best Consumer Payments Company – PayPal (FE12)
- Best B2B Payments Platform – Tradeshift (FE12)
- Best Personal Budgeting Service – mvelopes by Finicity (FF17)
- Best Online Broker – TD Ameritrade (FS14)
- Innovation Award for Retail Investment – DarcMatter (FS15)
Financial Research and Data
Fraud Prevention and Transaction Security
- Best Fraud Prevention Platform – ThreatMetrix (FA17)
- Best Fraud Prevention Company – NuData Security, a Mastercard Company (FS18)
- Best Financial Transaction Security Company – Risk Ident (FE16)
- Innovation Award for Transaction Security – Dynamics (FS18)
This marks the second time both eMoney Advisor and ThreatMetrix have been honored by the FinTech Breakthrough Awards. Among last year’s winners were a significant number of Finovate alums including: Sindeo, BizFi, DriveWealth, Quovo, Jumio, Trulioo, Qumram, and Xero.