Ready for some good news on the cybersecurity front?
Most of the time cybersecurity appears in the headlines, it is a report of a breach that just occurred or a new threat to guard against in the future. Caught between the hack that caught us unaware and the certainty that it won’t be the last, we can lose sight of the fact that there are hundreds of cybersecurity firms with thousands of security professionals that are working around the clock to make our lives online a lot safer. And many of these companies are Finovate alums specializing in service to the financial industry and its customers.
Ted Ross, founder and CEO of SpyCloud, demonstrating the company’s Best of Show-winning platform at FinovateFall 2017.
Importantly, not only are these companies working 24/7/365 to fight cybercrime, but also many of them are teaming up and partnering with financial institutions, retailers, and each other to test their technologies, make key improvements and enhancements, and ultimately get their fraud-fighting solutions to market.
With that in mind – and in line with our October focus on cybersecurity – here’s a look at the partnerships, agreements, and collaborations forged by our cybersecurity-related alums so far in 2017.
- Mitek partners with handwriting-based biometric authentication service Asignio to deliver IDaaS solution.
- Avoka extends strategic partnership with Mitek for digital identity verification solutions.
- ThreatMetrix and ID.me partner to deliver ID verification for government and commercial digital services.
- Ledger partners with Intel to boost blockchain app security.
- BioCatch to power behavioral biometrics for Samsung SDS America.
- SecureKey collaborates with Intel to enable consumers to access its blockchain-based digital identity technology via traditional web browsers.
- Zighra launches flagship continuous authentication product.
- Kony to launch digital banking solution leveraging Daon biometrics.
- iSignthis to integrate its Paydentity UBO Service with Web Shield’s InvestiGate platform.
- TASCET teams with Secured2 to launch Algo5 data security offering.
- Latvian Bank Citadele secures mobile and online banking with VASCO’s DIGIPASS for Apps and CRONTO.
- National Bank of Canada joins SecureKey’s digital identity network.
- HooYu to provide ID confirmation for U.K.’s Cars-as-a-Service easyCar Club.
Multiple Best of Show winner EyeVerify demonstrating its Eyeprint ID technology at FinovateEurope 2017 with partner YapiKredi Bank.
- Vera to provide data security services for GE.
- BioCatch to power fraud prevention solutions for HoneyTek Systems.
- DefenseStorm to bolster cybersecurity operations for Genesee Regional Bank ($551 million in assets).
- Open Banking selects Ping Identity to provide the identity and access management to underpin the U.K.’s open banking framework.
- Signifyd guarantees fraud protection for Magento Commerce Merchants.
- Infosys Finacle partners with ToneTag to leverage sound wave technology to drive contactless authentications and transactions.
- Jumio partners with Plynk to bring instant verification to Europe’s first money messaging app.
- FIS and Equifax partner to offer new identity verification solution, OnlyID.
- Biometric Signature ID partners with National Fingerprint to provide virtual ID proofing and verification services.
- BioCatch partners with LexisNexis to leverage data and analytics for better risk management.
- Samsung to power biometric authentication pilot for Bank of America.
- Mexican payment processor chooses fraud fighting technology from Featurespace.
- HooYu brings identity confirmation technology to BCRemit.
- ID Analytics partners with Acxiom to strengthen risk assessment and combat fraud.
- HackerOne Powering bug bounty program for Tor browser.
- MoneYou integrates Mitek’s identity solutions for real-time digital onboarding.
- DefenseStorm to serve as cybersecurity partner for Bank of Jackson Hole to enhance security.
- International Air Transport Association chooses fraud prevention technology from Featurespace.
- Signifyd brings its Guaranteed Fraud Protection solution to Authorize.Net’s U.S.-based e-commerce merchants.
Behavioral biometric innovator BehavioSec, shown here demonstrating BehavioSec on Demand at FinovateFall 2015, has won three Best of Show awards.
- Daon adds EyePrint ID to IdentityX platform courtesy of new partnership with EyeVerify.
- IdentityMind Global to offer Confirm.io’s document authentication technology to its financial services customers.
- Jumio partners with Monzo for strong identity verification.
- iovation to integrate its device-based authentication technology with PingFederate from Ping Identity.
- TSYS partners with Featurespace to deliver real-time decision capabilities.
- Leumi Card to use Feedzai’s artificial intelligence platform to fight fraud.
- Ghana-based Premium Bank selects NetGuardians’ anti-fraud solution – FraudGuardian.
- Cisco and IBM team up on security.
- BehavioSec partners with Kount.
- Trulioo partners with Mitek to add facial recognition functionality to its ID verification platform.
- Daon to integrate IdentityX platform with Experian’s fraud and identity platform, CrossCore.
- Australia-based forex broker Pepperstone to deploy Paydentity verification services from iSignthis.
- Fraud prevention innovator Featurespace partners with U.K. digital family banking solution, goHenry.
- Payment solutions provider Buckaroo chooses AML solution from Fiserv.
- Global financial services firm chooses Mobile Verify and Mobile Fill from Mitek.
- Braspag announces integration of e-commerce and anti-fraud technology from ACI Worldwide.
A FinDEVr favorite, HackerOne and its bug bounty and vulnerability disclosure platform leverage white hat hackers to find critical security gaps before criminals do.
- Mastercard adds to authentication arsenal with acquisition of NuData Security.
- Swiss financial sector infrastructure operator SIX partners with IBM Watson to build cyber-security hub.
- Daon brings mobile biometric authentication to UnionBank.
- Co-op Financial Services to leverage machine learning-based fraud fighting technology from Feedzai.
- Pindrop to mitigate call center fraud for credit union service organization PSCU.
- Saltrex to use Jumio’s Netverify Trusted-Identity-as-a-Service.
- Featurespace to provide machine learning fraud and risk management solution to CashFlows.
- BioCatch brings continuous online and mobile authentication to Nuance Communications’ Security Suite solution.
- Icon Solutions joins forces with Featurespace to bring anti-fraud protection to instant payments.
- Affinity CU becomes “trusted sign-in” partner in SecureKey Concierge.
- First national private bank of Turkey, Yapi Kredi to deploy Eyeprint ID from EyeVerify for mobile logins.
- Feedzai and Merchant Risk Council (MRC) team up to leverage AI and machine learning to fight fraud.
- MoneyGram using Mobile Verify from Mitek to meet AML requirements.
- Arxan Technologies partners with Cisco as to protect connected medical devices.
- WISeKey and Stratumn partner to provide enterprise-grade process security software based on blockchain technologies.
- FICO and Ethoca partner to improve card acceptance rates, fight CNP fraud, and reduce disputes.
- ACI Worldwide to provide fraud protection for Kuwait’s Shared Electronic Banking Services Company (KNET).
- NetGuardians brings real-time fraud protection to Nigeria’s Keystone Bank.