At FinovateEurope 2016, six companies took home Best of Show trophies after an audience vote favored their seven minute demos on the Finovate stage in London. FinovateEurope returns to London in less than two weeks, on February 7 and 8, where we’ll see 55 companies debut their newest technology and vie for a chance to win the audience’s vote for Best of Show. Tickets are still available. Register to save your spot today.
Today, we’re taking a look at the successes from the six Best of Show-winning companies from last year.
- Recognized by PYMNTS.com as representing fintech innovation in Israel
- Cited as a top B2B wealth tech player
- Listed by The Next Web as 1 of 6 fintech startups to help you make the most of your money
- Brought Roboadvisory to Latin America in new partnership with Alkanza
- Added a new real-time margin feature
- Expanded APIs for wealth managers
- Brought robo advisory to China in new partnership with CreditEase
- Inked new partnership with Stoxs
- Acquired by Ant Financial
- Partnered with Bioconnect to boost payment security
- Selected by Wells Fargo for its biometric authentication technology
- Won Digital Top 50 Award
- Won Wolves Summit 2016
- Launched WebTrader to expand beyond mobile
- Launched Live Trading on its app
The sixth Best of Show winner, Valuto, shut down in August of 2016. Its parent company Currency One cited “an unsatisfactory pace of development” as the reason for the closure.